Outer Cape Solarize Plus offers a competitive tiered pricing structure that increases the savings for everyone as more home and business owners sign contracts. Home and business owners who want to participate can either purchase the installation or have a power purchase agreement with no money down.
The final date to obtain this price will be around the end of May 2018. The exact date is six months after the start of the program. This depends on the award date and the start date of the contract with solar vendors.
After we receive notification from MassCEC of our selection, we will issue an RFP for solar vendors. The RFP follows guidelines from MassCEC but includes a fixed price list and a tiered pricing structure. Programs begin at Tier 1 and as more people sign on, the Tier level goes up and the price to all goes down. Our goal is to attain Tier 5, which offers the lowest price.
Our Goal is to:
• Increase education and awareness of solar PV
• Reduce costs associated with solar PV
• Increase local adoption of solar PV
• Reduce resident energy costs
• Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
In order to explain how the solar program works, we will be holding a series of meetings in the participating towns. We expect to hold the meetings on a regular schedule, with meetings rotating throughout the participating towns. The first meeting is scheduled for
Thursday, October 26, 2017, 6:30 PM until 8:00 PM, in the Eastham Library. We will also be canvasing commercial customers and reaching out to them in cooperation with the Chambers of Commerce in the various towns.
We will select a solar installer as part of a competitive process with the help of MassCEC. Each participating town will have a representative on the selection committee, and the procurement will follow state guidelines for public procurements.
Once you indicate your interest the installer will:
- Evaluate your site for solar usually including an on-site inspection,
- Examine your current electric usage and take into account planned future needs such as mini-splits or electric vehicles.
- Generate a detailed proposal.
If you decide to proceed the installer will:
- Apply for all grant applications, and utility interconnections,
- File all required permits and obtain inspections,
- Install your solar system!
- Install any optional monitoring systems.
Home or business owners may purchase electricity systems directly or enter into a lease agreement with the installer. Under a lease, the installer will own, operate and maintain the system, while the home or business owner agrees to purchase the power generated by the system at an agreed-upon rate that is significantly lower than commercial rates.